MUSINGS

ACCEPT THE IRONY THAT LIFE IS UNFAIR, BUT GOOD


Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Ramadhan..

Gosh, it's been awhile. There are several postings still in it's draft mode. I promised the kids that I'll dedicate a posting each but have yet to get around to doing them. What can I say about them other than them being a joy to have and to hold? Don't worry kids, I'll get there.

It's been more than a week of Ramadhan. This is the best Ramadhan ever.... my MIL decided to stay throughout the month and celebrate Eid with us. Yahoo.... no bought food for Iftar!!! Yup, she forbade me from buying any goodies for berbuka coz she'll do the cooking. But everytime she comes, my grocery bill triples. I told hubby baby, you want to eat good, you pay good. hahahaha... Well, he was complaining how come we keep running out of onions, rice, cooking oil, vegies so quickly? Duh.... put two and two together la.

So there goes my diet dreams for this month. In all our marriage years, we hardly ever wake up for sahur; this year, I'v only missed one day. How not to wake up when MIL bangs the door real hard at 4.45 am. And I mean real hard!! She makes us eat rice for sahur! Nanti lapar.... sigh.... the joys of being pampered. I have not cooked for three weeks. Not that I cooked all the time, but I don't have to help her at all. She does not like me in the kitchen when she is cooking. So I stay out of her way. You'll find me permanently attached to the TV most of the time nowadays. Blisss....

No comments: