MUSINGS

ACCEPT THE IRONY THAT LIFE IS UNFAIR, BUT GOOD


Thursday, August 28, 2008

Whimsical

Fanciful, playful, mischievious, droll, eccentric, quirky, idiosyncratic, unconventional, outlandish, queer, offbeat, freaky. WOW.... I never knew that one word can describe me to a T.

Recently we had another farewell for a friend who got an overseas posting. Since we did not cater the event, we had to do everything ourselves. I helped out where I could and the rest was done by the more abled people. Who were they? The motherly and practical ones. I was sitting next to another friend and she commented on how practical these friends were. She said, "I'm more pragmatic. I would be setting the plates in a different way." To which i replied," I'm the whimsical one... will probably set the plates even more outlandishly." And she said," You are right... about yourself.."

So now what? Did this revelation enable me to understand myself better? Perhaps... Now I will no longer feel awkward whenever I don't join in with the latest gossips if I don't feel like it. I will no longer feel out of place when they talk about the latest trends in clothes, TV dramas, politics (office and country) because... I tend to be whimsical - read: idiosyncratic, weird, offbeat and droll. Hahahahaha

No comments: